So I just recently followed Max over at Maxxesbooktopia, and found this cute little Q+A while I was creeping through his posts. I thought it would be fun to do!
1. What is the best book you have read in the past year? What made it so great?
So far this year I’ve only read a few books. But if I had to pick “the best” it would have to be A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab. I’m obsessed with her work, and this one was no exception to her greatness. It was a great way to end the Darker Shades trilogy. 10/10 would recommend !!
2. What is the worst book you have read in the past year? What made it so bad?
Ready for a super unpopular opinion? Okay… if I had to pick a book that was the worst, it would have to be A Court of Thorns and Roses. I didn’t really like it much, and a lot of the characters/plotlines felt really flat to me. Which is hilarious, because I stuck it through and read A Court of Mist and Fury and absolutely adored it. Oh well.
3. If you could live in a fictional world, which would it be? Why?
Red London from the Darker Shades trilogy! I would love to have some kind of magic!
4. What book has sat the longest in our TBR without you reading it?
Oh jesus… I’ve owned A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens since my junior year of high school. Still unopened at this point. *shrug*
5. If you could only read one book for the rest of eternity, what would it be?
That’s a hard one… I would have to say probably Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. I’m obsessed with his work, and I can’t wait for Godsgrave to come out later this year! Gemina was a close second, I think. The Illuminae Files series is great, too.
6. Do you prefer long books or short books?
Longgggggggg books! Give me massive sagas. Give me epics that are thicker than my leg. Entertain me for longer than a couple of days for the love of god.
7. Are you a fast or slow reader?
Honestly, it depends on the book. I’m typically a very fast reader, but if the book isn’t super exciting to me, I won’t read it super fast. Also, my life outside of reading interferes a lot. If I’m busy, I won’t find the energy to read. I can’t read when I’m distracted.
8. What was the first book you remember reading?
The first books I really remember getting into were the Septimus Heap books. My obsession with magic started at a young age. I think I was 11 or 12.
9. Who is your favourite book character of all time?
Agh, this is difficult. I can’t pick just one. The first three that come to mind are Mr. Darcy, Severus Snape, and Bilbo Baggins. All male characters! Isn’t that weird?
10. What time of day do you usually get your reading done?
All hours of the day. I’m not picky!
11. If you could trade places with a fictional character who would it be?
Mia Corvere or Lila Bard. They’re both badasses who like knives.
I’m going to tag my online bffs … but if you see this Q+A and want to do it, feel free!